How do you show you’re engaged on Facebook?
Classic mobile browser experience
- Tap in the top right of Facebook, then tap your name.
- Tap See Your About Info.
- Scroll down to the Relationship section.
- Tap Add a relationship status or tap to Edit status you’ve added already.
- Choose your relationship status and use the audience selector to choose your privacy setting.
How do I announce my engagement?
Take to social media.
It’s the modern-day equivalent of publishing an announcement in the newspaper. Post a great photo with a short-but-sweet caption, update your status to “Engaged”, and watch the likes roll in. Once you complete this step, pretty much everyone will know the good news.
Like a ring, this alternative proposal piece will stand the test of time.
- The easiest “Yes” I’ve ever said.
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
- We’ll be the cutest old couple ever.
- All the feels.
- We’re getting married (!!!!)
- The beginning of forever.
- My person… for life.
- I said yaaaaaas.
Should I post my engagement on Facebook?
Don’t announce your engagement immediately
Good engagement etiquette dictates that you make sure that you’ve contacted all your close family members and friends personally before posting. “The best way is via a short phone call or personal email,” says Rachel Wagner, licensed corporate etiquette consultant.
What do you say in engagement post?
- “Here’s to your engagement! …
- “Cheers on your engagement!”
- “Here’s to a very happy engagement and a lifetime of love.”
- “Cheers to the two of you…and to the love you share!”
- “May your engagement be happy. …
- “A toast to your engagement! …
- “Here’s to the wonderful two of you! …
- “Celebrating your engagement!
6 Unique Ways To Announce Your Engagement On Social Media
- 1) Hold A Sign.
- 2) Get Creative With A Prop.
- 3) Post A Ring Selfie With Him.
- 4) Come Up With A Witty Caption.
- 5) Announce It On A T-Shirt.
- 6) Have Your Pet Share The News.
When should I announce my engagement?
Once the proposal excitement settles, be sure to send formal engagement announcements to your loved ones. If you want to stick to tradition, consider a paper announcement along with an invite to an engagement party.
It’s perfectly acceptable to announce news of your engagement on social media for distant relatives, acquaintances, and long-lost friends, but a couple’s nearest and dearest should never read the news online. Your loved ones deserve to hear about your engagement face-to-face-or at least with a personal phone call.