How do you use engaged in a sentence?
Engaged sentence example
- We were engaged in locating all of their victims we could find. …
- You were engaged to Josh. …
- What Alex did before we became engaged is none of my business. …
- Then his face engaged in a smile that created little wrinkles around his eyes and grooves in his cheeks. …
- I was NOT engaged to Josh!
Which preposition is used with engaged?
When we’re engaged in an activity. You engage in anti-social behavior. And they were engaged in religion. The world’s largest democracy is engaged in a fairly intense, collective stocktaking.
What does it mean to be engaged with something?
engaged with. DEFINITIONS2. (engage with someone/something) to make an effort to understand and deal with someone or something. She is accused of failing to engage with the problems of her staff. Collocations and examples.
What do you call someone you are engaged with?
If you want to keep it traditional, the masculine form fiancé is typically used to describe “an engaged man,” while the feminine form fiancée is used to describe “an engaged woman.” Pronunciation of both fiancé and fiancée is identical.
Is engaged or got engaged?
Both are correct grammatically, but neither is good in that context. “To be engaged in something” is rather formal and somewhat old-fashioned. Thank you.
Are you engaged with someone?
If you’re busy or involved with something, you’re engaged in it. A formal reply to an invitation to lunch might be, “I’m sorry, I’m otherwise engaged” — meaning you already have plans. Engaged often describes people who have committed to getting married.
How do you say Happy engagement?
- “Here’s to your engagement! …
- “Cheers on your engagement!”
- “Here’s to a very happy engagement and a lifetime of love.”
- “Cheers to the two of you…and to the love you share!”
- “May your engagement be happy. …
- “A toast to your engagement! …
- “Here’s to the wonderful two of you! …
- “Celebrating your engagement!
What is engage in a conversation?
Engaging in a conversation is not only about talking – paying attention to what the other person has to say is equally important. Try to remember the needs, comments and ideas that others mention when talking to you and refer to that when speaking.
Can we say engaged with?
If you engage someone in conversation, you have a conversation with them. If you engage with something or with a group of people, you get involved with that thing or group and feel that you are connected with it or have real contact with it. If you engage someone to do a particular job, you appoint them to do it.
What is called engaged girl?
A fiancée is a woman engaged to be married. On the Muppet Show, Miss Piggy was Kermit’s fiancée and covered him in kisses. A fiancée is a woman engaged to be married; a man engaged to be married is a fiancé — two “e”s for a woman, one for a man — according to French spelling conventions.
What’s another word for engaged couple?
What is another word for engaged?